Watch the first-ever silent films about love. Listen to the beautiful sounds of live music. Bring a loved person and a bottle of wine. Girl with the boy, boy with the boy, girl with the girl - it doesn`t matter. All are welcome. Because love is love.
In the one-hour program:
- Pauvre Pierrot (1892), one of the first animated films ever made.
- First-ever kisses (1896), recorded by Thomas Edison.
- Love by the Light of the Moon (1901).
- A fragment of the first-ever romantic film with black actors.
- Retrospective of the first films about homosexual love.
- High and Dizzy (1920), is a silent short comedy film starring Harold Lloyd.
- One Week (1920), is a silent short comedy film starring Buster Keaton.
- Live accompaniment by our pianists - Siochain Fahy and Desiree Oduah.